Defying Disaster Patient Advocates & Educators
The hardest struggle in medicine is the complexity, the extreme complexity of what is now required to take care of people …There are 13,6000 diagnoses, 6000 drugs and 4000 medical and surgical procedures. Atul Gawandi, M.D.
We help bridge the disconnect between what the health care system provides and what patients need.
- Clarify diagnoses and treatment details
- Identify experts for second and third opinions
- Provide information about therapy options, risks and benefits
- Provide background research about care providers, hospitals, diagnoses, drugs, therapies, and other topics
- Identify top treatment centers for specific diagnoses
- Assist you to recognize and prevent safety issues, adverse reactions, and unexpected problems
- Provide health coaching to improve nutrition, medication and treatment compliance and support
- Create a medical record summary to evaluate treatment effectiveness, identify trends and undiagnosed problems to improve your care
- Help ease the transition from healthcare to home